AGING GRACEFULLY - Gladiator Sandals
Hello Highlites. I hope everyone is doing fine. Looking and feeling great as we get older is something that we all want to do. I call it aging gracefully. We all want to be that woman that is always on point from head to toe, carrying ourselves like she owns it, defying aging with every step.
That woman that is taking care of her skin, hair and body, and having that youth-boosting confident no matter how many candles is on her birthday cake. Today, women are taking better care of themselves.
It's really mind over matter. I think if you feel young at heart, there's no reason why the outside can't match your inside. When I tell people that I feel younger than I did in my twenties they don't believe it. But it's because as I started to age older I started to take better care of myself.
Experts say the key to successful aging includes accepting changes and finding meaningful activities. To age gracefully one needs to accept the inevitable changes of aging rather than seeing them as aberrant crises.
Here are a few tips that I use to try to age gracefully:
1. Sleep! Try to get a eight hour night sleep, I know that is hard to do when you have a lot going on in your life.
2. Limit stress. Life will always have it stresses, from family to work to finances. It's unavoidable and can cause a barrage of health problems like sleeplessness, depression and heart disease. So, try not stress over the small stuff. I know that is also hard to do sometimes.
3. Drink plenty of water. I try to drink my eight glasses or more a day. (I love water). I think you should have a occasional indulgence. But moderation is key in aging gracefully. So lets toast to water.
4. Exercise. I walk/jog 4.5 miles per day, seven days a week. So let's get moving. Make it a habit to take a brisk walk every day to keep your arteries healthy and lift feelings of sadness, self-doubt and fatigue.
5. Say no to negativity. I try to keep that out my life but it's hard sometimes. I think positive people are less prone to mental decline and lead happier lives. And they do it by accepting that nothing in life is permanent, and they try to look for the silver lining in every situation.
I hope by sharing my tips it will inspire someone. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. "The more candles on my cake means I get a little more exercise in blowing them out,"