Hello beautiful Highlites. In my previous post of my 5 goals for the month of November, writing in a gratitude journal was one of the them, but I decided I wanted to put a different twist to it and do a Gratitude Jar instead. (The gratitude jar is an idea that I got from Oprah's favorite things for 2017 Christmas). It's basically the same concept but the jar method is a little more fun.
To the seriousness of this Gratitude Jar, I created it because it's such a positive way to remind me to celebrate and to show thankfulness for the little things. Yes, I do pray daily and thank God for everything, but I wanted to write my blessings down so I can look back on how truly blessed I am.
Gratitude is such a powerful emotion that can instantly remove stress and tension. While also helping you determine how you are going to handle the stresses in your life. Writing on a strip of paper and dropping it in a jar has proven to me that I can be just me and that I have everything I need and more.
I don't have to be like everybody else, I can be me and be thankful for it. It has helped me to appreciate myself for my strengths and imperfections. Being able to see how gratitude makes the glass half full by reminding me that I have enough and that I am enough.
It has helped me to start my day off on a positive note, with moments of light, joy and gratitude. To help me trust God even more, to recognize the blessings in front of me was assured of God's presence. It keeps me in a happy space.
Here is 5 reasons why you should start your Gratitude Jar today:
1. You are forced to stop and slow down at least once in your day because you think about things in a different way.
2. You get an unexpected smile each day from thinking of the "gratitudes" because of the positive and happy things.
3. You realize how awesome your life is and you immediately stop comparing it to everyone else. (We're all guilty of that.) Looking at the good things each day, no matter how small your blessing is, there is always something wonderfully to be grateful for.
4. You learn what things are really priority and important to you, appreciating the special people in your life. I've only be doing this for a few days, but I have been able to take a look at myself, get back in touch with my real self and it has been such a joy.
5. It motivates and inspires you to enjoy the things that is really important and have significant meaning in your life, and to get rid of or change the things that have no happiness or joy in your life.
I'm so excited and looking forward to see how things have changed in 30 days. (But I will continue through December and restart in January of 2018 for 365 days) And if you are wondering what to do with the strips of paper when you have completed your goal, read them at the end of the year, pick your favorite ones and frame them, read a few when you are having a tough day or save them for Thanksgiving and read them to your family.
I hope I have inspired someone to live high on gratitude and get that jar started, it will literally shake some things up in your life. I also added a few jar ideas from Pinterest below. You can purchase jar already decorated, but why buy when you can DIY your own to show your personality.
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read my post. Have a great day.